5 reasons to pick up a watermelon – NOW…
- IT’S HOT OUTSIDE!
- It’s in season right now, which means it is at it’s sweetest, juiciest, ripest, and cheapest! It is absolutely delicious.
- It’s low in calories because it is mostly water, and it is wonderfully hydrating.
- It is packed with vitamin C and lycopene, major antioxidants, and it also has a good amount of vitamin A, vitamin B, potassium, and magnesium.
- The Cucumber Melon Smoothie. I am loving this smoothie right now. So refreshing.
Cucumber Melon Smoothie:
- 2 heaping cups of watermelon
- 12 oz frozen strawberries
- 1 small cucumber (about ½ cup)
- 4 basil leaves