I have been seriously craving this. It is amazing.
Thai Pasta Salad with Creamy Cilantro Peanut Dressing
I consider this salad a main dish salad as it is hearty, filling, and has lots of different ingredients. This is very versatile; feel free to use your favorite ingredients. You can add/substitute napa cabbage, bok choy, snow peas, black sesame seeds, etc. This works well packed for lunch, just pack the dressing separately and combine just before eating. Feel free to half the dressing recipe as it makes about 1.5 cups. I like to make extra to use later on in the week as a dipping sauce for skewers, veggies, or rolls.
- ¼ pound whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped raw peanuts
Cook the whole wheat angel hair pasta until al dente. Combine the pasta, cabbage, lettuce, carrot, red pepper, and edamame in a large bowl. Toss with about 2/3 cup (or as much as you like) Creamy Cilantro Peanut Dressing. On a large platter or individual dishes, plate the salad and top with bean sprouts, cilantro leaves, and peanuts. Serves 6.
Creamy Cilantro Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon or small piece of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce /li>
- 1 ½ cups fresh cilantro leaves (about 1/2 bunch)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend well. Make sure that it is smooth and creamy. Store in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
DON’T FORGET TO EMAIL SUBSCRIBE!